Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

Re: Rounding the Corner to a New Pool Build

My plan... (I have thought about this for a long time with many different scenerios!) is to terrace above the pool about 2' down and level it off and then shave the slope towards the pool. That will give me an option to build a deck in the future. If done right, I shouldn't have to erect a fence because the pool walls are 54" and the hill won't go anywhere.

Bama Rambler said:
You're almost a flatlander compared to that! :mrgreen:

I know right! lol :mrgreen:

Pool was suppose to be delivered today which would have been nice because the weather has been pleasant. Now hubby and I will be packing a pool in rain and snow to the garage, depending on where they dump it from the truck. Plus I didn't get much sleep on the couch waiting for them. Tomorrow looks the same but with crappy weather.

I did get my TF100 though! :goodjob:

Looks like my pool is sitting in LIMBO at the destination terminal since yesterday morning at 4:54am or so when it arrived. I hope they don't expect me to come get it! I thought it would have been delivered to the house! When I checked the tracking, it now says to call them. So I guess I will call them at 9am to see what's up. I will be peeeeeeeved if I have to go get it! :rant: :grrrr: Why would it just sit there?!!!

Sometimes on large and/or heavy packages they call to make sure you have a place to unload it. Or my cynical mind says they damaged it and want you to come look at it before they load it on the next truck! Naw, that couldn't be it! :mrgreen:

When I ordered my pool UPS called me to set up an appointment so they could deliver it.It just so happened I was at their terminal doing some work that day so I just took it home with me.

It will be delivered between 12 n 4pm tomorrow. They wanted an appointment time because it is so big.

I am! I just want to get it tucked away n go through it n make sure everything is there. It's gonna be cold n snowy! :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I know what its like there. I'm from a little town called Windber in Somerset County. Winters there can be long and hard. Talked to my parents alittle while ago they said their going to get 4 inches or so tomorrow. I really miss it back there. Like my dad says you can take the boy out of the mountains but you cant take the mountains out of the boy.

We're in a lil place called FayetteNaum! :shock: lol We love taking the bike up to Ohiopyle.

Seems like everyone was in a rush to get here today at the same time! We had the Gas Guy, Delivery Guy of pool, Excavator, and the UPS guy here! It was crazy!

Wow, that is one crazy pool setup. I understand that the need for a pool can make on crazy, but that is completely over the top!! Now I see though where you say your's isn't that "bad".

Love your Rotty.....one of the kids had a male and that was my most favorite dog until we got our german sheppard. He was incredibly powerful and even though he was a "visitor', nothing went past him. I didn't know they could be so great with little kids too......

And I think you will find as a rule, instructions for most of this stuff are shall we say substandard.....welcome to made in China, written in China. I feel your pain!!

Bob E.

I can't believe that there is no instruction manual packed in these pools. I called Sharkline.com and the woman told me that I did get a manual in the DVD they sent me and I laughed at her and said, You are kidding me right?! She said No! We are going paperless! Um... a 10 minute DVD/youtube video?! Ummmmmmmm... really?! She was serious. She asked me if I wanted a manual emailed to me and I told her yes, I do!

So just to let everyone know, this pool and perhaps other Sharkline Pools do not come with *a* paper instruction manual. If you want one, call Sharkline and request one from customer service. Their number is 631-951-9800. They will only email it to you.

I sent the permit out yesterday. I should have it in hand within 2 weeks. We will start digging depending on weather. March can be freaky in PA. I wil wait til mid April or so to do the pool because of the liner.

I am kinda twisted right now because I feel like I was pushed into buying a track for the liner when I didn't really need to. I had spoken to a woman about the liner I wanted and she said I did not need a beaded track reciever that I could just hang it on the wall (JHOOK). I placed my order a few days later and was told by a guy that I needed a track if I wanted the liner I chose. I told him the woman I spoke to earlier said I didn't and he said she was unsure and not correct. I now believe HE was unsure and made me unsure and tacked it on because he said I needed it. I told him I asked if I could use my liner choice without the track and I was told I could. He again said no. Kinda upset over that little bit and not sure if I want to use the track or not now. :? :?: :!:

Does using the track affect water level? Like does it make it lower? Will my liner pop off the track more easily than hanging the liner on the wall? I know if I use it, I can change my liner without taking the top rails off in the future. I don't know what I want to do. Would you chose one over the other if you could do it again? What would you chose?

We recieved our liner today. I had hubby go out and help the FedEx guy because that thing is so heavy!

I spoke with the Engineering Firm who processes the permits and once all utility lines are located, I can start digging but not constructing the pool. Permit has to be in hand for that. I should have it soon though. It's just so cold to want to do anything right now. I'm hoping we have a warm April.

I think hubby wants to use the beaded tracking that I bought and if we need to change the liner in the future, we won't have to take the top rails off. So that is that. We are going to need a really warm day for that.

Hubby is getting excited for someone who didn't want a pool. He said today after watching the DVD that he can't wait to get it up and go swimming! :mrgreen: It's so funny because 2 years ago, the neighbor left us use her pool when they went on vacation for a week. There were times when I couldn't find him anywhere... I found him in the pool! :mrgreen: He'll use this pool everyday along with me. :-D

I think that's terrible! :thumbdown:

And the permit is here! C'mon warm weather!!! :mrgreen:

I feel your pain with the instructions or lack there of.When I started my pool I looked through all the boxes looking for the instructions ,all I found were 2 pages with a list of parts.Then I called the manufacterer,they said I already had the instructions and explained that the 2 pages were the instructions :x They then emailed me a generic set of instructions.Look on youtube for "abovegound pool pros" it helped alot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKJx_1174do (theres 5 parts) Pay close attention to how they bolt the pool walls together,it is important.Ignore the parts about the overlap liner,it won't apply to you.

My wife said you have excellent taste :-D ,we have the same liner.If the pool was open i'd show you what it looks like when finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.