Robot use for spring opening

Donna's Poolboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Iowa
Our new Warrior SE will arrive during the upcoming week and I have an initial question for current robot users: do you use your robot to vacuum the pool for the first time right after spring open? Or, do you still hook up the hose & vac head and vacuum the bottom to waste?
Currently, our water is completely clear with minimal debris on the bottom: some small leaves and areas with the typical “sludge” that accumulates over the winter.

Also, thank you to the forum members who suggested Marina Pools! Great service and prices. Margret went over my pool dimensions and possible “trouble” areas. She definitely did NOT try to upsell me. “With the size and shape of your pool, unless you want more bells & whistles, the Warrior SE will do the job.” I’m glad I checked with the forum and not just friend recommendations or online deals. Your advice saved me about $250 and kept me from overbuying.
Thanks again!

Eventhough you can use the robot in this manner I'd still get the vac hose out and do the initial cleaning that way as less of the schmutz get disturbed. The robots have an exhaust hence water but as it travels about will stirr up plenty where as with the vacuum method you can get it all gone and only use robot from there out.

Reactions: tbenton
I just got a new robot from Marina Pools too. I was impressed and thankful for Margaret's recommendation.. (I could tell she didn't want to upsell me... but I needed the M600 due to all my obstacles in the pool.) Drop him (your new robot) in and see what his limits are. Just see what's left after his initial run. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results of your new robot, I know I was. Good luck!

So far this year i have only used “Robert”the robot 🤖 & a brush - the results have been stellar. I now have him in automation mode on a smart plug & he runs twice a day on a schedule which has been a blessing with all the debris Mother Nature keeps blowing into my pool. I didn’t even get my vac hose out of the shed & don’t plan to!

Reactions: imrodee
In 9 years, I've never vacuumed the pool, the Polaris 280 has done an awesome job keeping the pool clean. Since the freeze, I couldn't connect it to the cracked port. The robot was a good option since it runs on electricity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.