Robot Recommendations?

Another MD fiberglass pool owner here. Do you have any pictures of your build? I plan to post some of mine soon. I have a 14K gallon BR Pacific pool. I wanted a robot that cleans the waterline since the fiberglass pool has no tile. The waterline tends to shows dirt which is more noticeable against the blue than the dirt would be against gray/brown tiles. You got a good price. I think I'll call them up and do the same. $775 with the caddy is a great price. If you got the active 20 and the caddy, after the rebate the difference is only basically 4 dollars. 650+120. Might as well get the deal you did if you planned on getting the caddy

I actually just called and upgraded to the Active 30i because the rebate is $125. So, $950 - $125 = $825. Only $50 more to go from the Active 30 to the Active 30i. Gives you the extra filter and the ability to clean just the bottom of the pool. I had waterline tile installed and so I do not really need this cleaner scrubbing it every other day because it stays relatively clean.

I am still in the process of having the patio and landscaping installed. Once it is done, then I will post some photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Call Marina's and ask for the price on the Active 30i (w/caddy). I think with the $125rebate you'll be surprised, I was.

Rick

Thanks Rick. You cost me another $50

I actually just called and upgraded to the Active 30i because the rebate is $125. So, $950 - $125 = $825. Only $50 more to go from the Active 30 to the Active 30i. Gives you the extra filter and the ability to clean just the bottom of the pool. I had waterline tile installed and so I do not really need this cleaner scrubbing it every other day because it stays relatively clean.

I am still in the process of having the patio and landscaping installed. Once it is done, then I will post some photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Rick. You cost me another $50

Looks like I'm in for another $50 too. The extra filter which i was considering is $40 anyway. So not a bad deal.

Megarms, cool about the waterline tile on your pool. Guessing you got it installed when the pool was installed. I haven't heard such great things about putting them on an already installed fiberglass pool. Looking foward to seeing the pictures.

Looks like I'm in for another $50 too. The extra filter which i was considering is $40 anyway. So not a bad deal.

Megarms, cool about the waterline tile on your pool. Guessing you got it installed when the pool was installed. I haven't heard such great things about putting them on an already installed fiberglass pool. Looking foward to seeing the pictures.

I didn't actually pay for or plan on the waterline tile. River Pools offers the tile for free if for some reason the pool is not completely level (1" tolerance all the way around). One day, shortly after installing the pool and getting a bunch of rain, I noticed that the water was closer to the rim on the deep end. They came out, inspected, verified that the pools was out of level slightly over 1", guaranteed that there was no structural issues, increased my workmanship warranty, and installed the tile for free ($3000 option) in order to eliminate the visual of the pool not being level.

Installing tile after your coping has been poured would probably be a difficult, but not impossibility. Not worth the $3000 though.

I like the look of tile, but I don't love it 3K. I am pretty sure my pool is level, but now you got me wanting to look. Trying to think how i'd measure it though. Can't really put a level on the water. The bad thing is my deck adjacent to the pool isn't level, sagging under the weight of a hot tub the previous owners left. Deck wasn't braced right, now my responsibility. So level is relative at the moment :)

I also didn't order the robot yet, I believe my DX-3 robot is working, it is just the Amphenol plug that has failed. Figure for $30 for a connector is worth a shot before I spend $900. I'll just keep cleaning the waterline on my own if it works.

Trying to think how i'd measure it though. Can't really put a level on the water. .

The water is your level. If you can't see that the water is noticeably higher on one side of your pool than the other, then don't worry yourself about it.

Back to robots now. Going to pick mine up from Walgreens where Fed Ex dropped it while I was at work.

Reactions: BowserB
Just called and talked to Marina, she talked me into the S30I, said I did not need a M series for my type of pool.
She also thought the filters were easier to clean than the M series, but that's just her preference.
She also said the S30I and S300I had the same cleaning functions, cost the same, only difference was the color

It came with a caddy, full warranty, and was $50 cheaper than from certifieddolphins (which does not state a caddy)

I also threw in a plug for trouble free pool's.........

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a Nautilus CC Plus and love it myself. The inter-changeable filters make it nice. one for big leaf pickup and the other for finer pickup. I use the screen one in the fall and spring when picking up all the tree droppings and use the filter option most of the other time.

I have a Nautilus CC Plus and love it myself. The inter-changeable filters make it nice. one for big leaf pickup and the other for finer pickup. I use the screen one in the fall and spring when picking up all the tree droppings and use the filter option most of the other time.
Is that the one that sells on Amazon for around 700? If yes, how long have you had it? The reviews of people that had it for more than 1 year are pretty discouraging...

You are right.. the reviews are pretty terrible after 1-2 years.. now you got me worried, I just ordered one 2 days ago...
Well the problem with long term reviews is always that only people that have problems come back after one year to report on it. Barely anybody comes back after 18 months to say: still good! So it may look worse than it actually is.

I'm looking for a pool robot and appreciate all the recommendations listed here. How do I find out if I need an extra pump to run say, the Dolphin Active 20? And is that something an average pool owner could install himself? I do have a separate intake in the pool that has been closed off. The previous owner had a robot, but it was no where to be found when I purchased the house, and there was only the pump for the sand filter.

Thank you for all of the great information provdied in this thread. It really took all the guess work out of picking a new pool cleaner. After 7 years of use my Dolphine Diagnostic finally kicked the bucket. So, I spoke with Magaret over at Marina Pool and Spa (awesome and very helpful lady) and just ordered me a S300 (preferred the color schema of the S300 over the Active 30; plus I wanted the caddy and the app is a bouns).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.