Robot keeps going over the same spot

Hi,

I have a Dolphin Nautilus CC plus cleaning robot. It's about 10 months old. Recently, I have noticed it going over the same spot many times. Yesterday I watched it for about 10 minutes and it kept going back and forth between the bench and stairs and never really changed from that path. This morning I noticed it doing the same thing, same path, and pulled it to the deep end of the pool. A while later, it was back on the path between the bench and stairs. Anyone have any ideas what would cause that?

Thanks,
David

Hi David, I did a quick search on TFP, but I didn't find anything to help you. All I know to suggest is to turn it over and look for any debris stuck in the wheels. Really, though, this sounds like maybe a program fault since it keeps running back to the same path. If it were a wheel or debris problem, it seems it would go in circles where ever you placed it. If you can change programs on your Dolphin, try setting it to a different program (all floor, no walls or the opposite). My dolphin (Rosie) kept wanting to go up the steps. I finally pulled her out and threw her in the deep end.

I'm not much help, sorry! Mostly, I wanted to give you a :bump: back up for some fresh eyes to come along. Let me know if you don't hear anything in a day or so! (send me a PM)

Take care,
Suz

David do you run your pool pump when the robot is in the pool? If so try running the BOT with pump off and place it in the pool at different locations vs the same entry point every time. If all else fails I would call Maytronics...

Best of luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.