Robot Cleaner Gets Stuck on Main Drains

joe603

May 21, 2018
Fayetteville/GA
Hey guys, I have a Pentair robot cleaner (Kreepy Krauly Prowler 920) that came with my new pool. It works great, except that it gets stuck on the main drains in the deep end. A little tug on the line will do the trick, but I cant let it work overnight, unsupervised. My builder even sent me new covers, but it still gets stuck. Any suggestions?

There are drain cover clips and “ramps” that you can put on or around the covers but it’s hit or miss on their effectiveness. Unfortunately the safe design of drain covers (to comply with Federal regulations) doesn’t seem to be compatible with most robots designed nowadays whether they are pump driven cleaners or electrically driving robots.

I purchased this from Amazon for about $60 (white, $51 for blue color): Zodiac 5830 Blue Unibridge Main Drain Cover Replacement. It is not 100% effective because my Oasis Z5 kicks the cover off the main drain...on the average one time over three months. I found it acceptable for my use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.