Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi there
I have a brand new unit. Installed in April and put into service in May.
Yesterday I got an error code for cell maintenance so today I soaked it in 1p. MA and 5p. Water for 10 min. I will add that it didn’t look dirty and there was no bubbling or fizzing at all.

When I reinstalled it the maintenance light went away but now it’s telling me toll my salt is lo. My test (drop test from TFP) says my salt is 3600.

Any ideas what the issue might be? I cannot even believe the cell could be bad it’s only been in service for two months, Unless I got a bad cell somehow?

What does the display show for average salinity. I find that mine reads consistent with my K-1766.

The "endpoint" for the salt test is a bit different than other drop tests. For the salt test, stop adding drops at the first color change that holds (from milky white to brick/salmon)? If you keep going, there will be additional color changes to darker browns. The accuracy of the salt test is +/- 200 ppm.

If you confirm your test readings, call or message CircuPool support.

Good luck!

On the module you have the Salinity Level and the Average salinity. My Salinity level may be closer to my K-1766 reading while the module's average salt level can be 1,000 ppm lower. Quite a difference right? So in your situation, if my K-1766 and Salinity level said 3,600, my module average salinity may only be about 2,800 or so. At least that's been my experience so far with my unit. I generally try to split the difference if I can to keep the SWG happy.

I am having trouble with a relatively new cell also. Just call DSP as you are in the warranty period. Unless your CSI is super high I doubt your cell is scaled up. No bubbling during cleaning confirms that. I had a similar issue.. mine read lo salt and cell maintenance lights. It turned out to be full of scale and took two washes to clean up. I did not do a great job keeping my pH down so it only took 6 months to scale up. It is generating FC now but the temp is 20 degrees low and salt is reading 1000ppm high. I am currently going back and forth with tech support, but by the time I get home from work to try what they want, they are closed so its been a slow process. I will say they are pretty responsive, but only after you prove to them that NOTHING else besides their product is the issue.

Visually inspect the cell plates with a bright light and make sure you actually did get all of the scale out of it. Don't go by the bubbles.. they are quite deceptive, especially near the end of the cleaning. Do it twice with a rinse between and after, more if needed. I typically need a pass from each direction with the cleaning cap alternated... Chunks come out of mine then even with very slow bubbling. You got get them all out!

I have a different unit (probably different manufacturer/factory even), but on mine, I never get a check cell light. If I get scaled up, the salt level on the unit display starts dropping. I am starting to clean mine a lot (like monthly) because the CH is getting high on my pool (700 ppm now). Particularly, if there is a solid chunk stuck in a cell plate somewhere that I missed, then I see exactly that on my Universal (Hayward clone) Circupool.

Yes I need to water exchange... next full day I have at home I guess.....

With the high CH I am seeing that even keeping the CSI at -0.2 to -0.3 the cell is scaling up. My cell is only two years old on my Universal, and I am not ruling out that it is already going bad either. We will see.

When it's first cleaned it reads almost exactly what the K-1766 reports, BTW....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.