May 15, 2019
Bridgewater, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just opened the pool for the summer season after getting tile work fixed
There are four return lines coming in to my pool. One is a waterfall other three are in the wall.

So, only one is spewing water. One of the line has been plugged since we bought the house and forth one which I know was working last season is not spewing water. Previous owner never said why the line was plugged.
Is there way to test the line?

Update from this morning: I noticed that working return line and waterfall were starting and stopping. Meaning, water flow than stop. Could that be a clogged filter or loss of pressure/suction somewhere?

What does the strainer basket on your pump look like while the starting and stopping are going on? Pressure reading on your gauge?

Pressure guage is at zero. Pump basket has water but it's half way full. I even opened both valves to pull more water from the pool. I see water fill up in the pump basket then level drops.

I just opened the filter. I hosed it down. Added new DE POWDER.
Also made this video and uploded it on YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_173909.jpg
    IMG_20200608_173909.jpg
    712.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200608_173902.jpg
    IMG_20200608_173902.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200608_173853.jpg
    IMG_20200608_173853.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I think there is a air leak issue but can't tell where. I think time to call the pros.

Many cheap, easy things to check. Start by looking at the skimmer and see if it ever empties or has a vortex in it. Next,inspect the O-rings on the strainer basket lid and the drain plugs on the pump. Lubricate them with pool lube before reinstalling them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the pros come out today and do the pressure test the return lines. Found a leak in waterfall line. So i am down to one return line at the shallow end of the pool. I did some online line research and found the leak sealing product (below is the link). Has anyone used this and does it work? Another option is i run a new flex pipe from the pump to the waterfall all above ground, no need to dig anywhere.
Also there are two more lines that come in to pool wall and we don't know where it goes. How can I find out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.