ls007

May 25, 2016
Westford/MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have had a leak in a return line of my in-ground pool for a few years and I have been managing it by topping off with water about once a week. Last year I tested all my lines one at a time to identify the specific line that was leaking. My approach was to shut off that line this season until I could get it fixed. Two issues have occurred. I have two shut-off valves in my return line plumbing and neither one shuts off the line I am trying to isolate. Is this normal? The leak seems to have gotten much larger and I can't find a pool company to come out until the middle of June to fix the issue. Topping off the water is no longer viable. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can isolate the leaking line?

All returns are probably tied to one valve. Turning one off might turn them all off. Can you post some pics of the equipment? That might help someone help you better. Do you have a spa? A co-worker currently has a return line leak. Until he can get it fixed he has the valve turned to the spa so all return water goes to the hot tub and spills over into the pool. Not ideal but trying to not turn the pool green while he waits for repairs to be made. Unless your leak is in the hot tub return if you have one.

It's really hard to tell what goes where from this angle. I am assuming the return line is a flex hose that comes from the filter valve and runs up under the wood structure and loops back into the picture like I have drawn in blue?

How many returns do you have (it looks like 3). The area circled in red looks like a return that does not have a shut off on it.

I would also guess that you have 2 skimmers and main drains?

Pool equipment.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.