Resin pool bonding

OpaD

Jun 26, 2021
Monroe NC
I have an 18’ Carvin above ground resin pool in NC. I understand I must connect to the water (plate in the skimmer), wall joint screw, and the pump motor.... My question is, if I start at the skimmer plate and go wall joint, then go down the support and around the pool, should I connect to the wire and complete the circle before going to the motor? I understand this is one continuous wire from start to finish, just not sure if the circle around the pool should be a complete circuit. All help is greatly appreciated. :)

Nah, you don’t need to worry about doing it in a certain order. Many of us just do a complete loop around pool, then connect water, pump and wall joint screw as separate “spokes”. Use copper split bolts to connect the wires together. Something like thisalthough I got mine at Home Depot.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Just to be clear, the start of the loop around the pool must be connected to the end. Forming a complete connected circle. It’s off to Lowe’s I go!
snow white dancing GIF

Yes, and you can use a split bolt to close the loop. I had to do two, because I bought two 50’ spools of wire and the circumference I needed was about 70-75’.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.