Resilience SWG???

Sep 23, 2013
Is anyone Familiar with this brand of SWG?

I am about to pull the trigger on an SWG. My pool is 28K gallons so doubling that puts me in the 60K category which doesn't leave me with many options. I don't have any automation so the Circupool RJ60 was looking like the best option at about $1,500. Then i ran across the Resilience D Series rated to 60K gallons for about $1,200. Online research isn't turning up much just wanted to see if anyone was familiar with this brand or more specifically their D series SWG. guessing there is a catch here but figured it was worth asking if it will save me $300.

Thanks

Don't know anything about the Resilience D Series SWG, but the RJ+ series SWGs are very solid. They also come with a 7 year warranty that's even honored if you install it yourself. Most other SWGs don't offer this. They insist on professional installation for their warranty to be honored. The installation is very easy if you've ever glued pvc before. If you're gonna spend upwards of $1000, I'd be weary of gambling on an unknown brand.

It’s a discontinued brand per DSP. They have the replacement cells (no guarantee for how long) but not the control units.

If it lasts it’s lifespan, you wouldn’t care it’s no longer made and you scored with the savings. If you had problems you might care a lot. Keep us posted.

Dean, those were my initial thoughts, I wouldn't be saving much if i had to toss it in the trash after a season or two!! Yes ill install it myself, I have cut/glued plenty of PVC! I did notice i still get the full 7 Yr warranty on a DIY install. Just have to figure out how to squeeze it in after the solar panels with the least amount of rearranging my pad!

Thanks for the reply!!

Some things to be aware of:
  • Discount Salt Pool and Circupool are the same people. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but something that wasn't clear to me initially when I first purchased an RJ60+.
  • Some people, myself included, measure significantly less chlorine output from the RJ60+ unit than the advertised 3.1 lbs/day. In my case it was very close to 1 lb/day. I don't think we ever determined the cause. It may or may not be significant in your situation.
  • Make sure the unions can be fully threaded onto the salt cell and the bypass cell before you install. The unit I received came with unions that had threads which were incompatible with the several bypass cells DSP sent me. The salt cell threaded perfectly well, but the bypass would not thread. I finally had to replumb the pad to replace the unions before I could use a bypass cell.
  • Check the cleaning stand for a tight seal before you use it for cleaning. The stand I received from DSP would leak no matter how much the cell was tightened. I found out the hard way when a bunch of pool acid leaked onto the deck and started eating away at the concrete.
DSP/Circupool were helpful and worked with me extensively in an attempt to figure out why the chlorine production was not anywhere near the rated output, but after a couple of months I ended up returning the entire unit, which DSP/Circupool graciously refunded.

Reactions: Oly
Some things to be aware of:
  • Discount Salt Pool and Circupool are the same people. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but something that wasn't clear to me initially when I first purchased an RJ60+.
  • Some people, myself included, measure significantly less chlorine output from the RJ60+ unit than the advertised 3.1 lbs/day. In my case it was very close to 1 lb/day. I don't think we ever determined the cause. It may or may not be significant in your situation.
  • Make sure the unions can be fully threaded onto the salt cell and the bypass cell before you install. The unit I received came with unions that had threads which were incompatible with the several bypass cells DSP sent me. The salt cell threaded perfectly well, but the bypass would not thread. I finally had to replumb the pad to replace the unions before I could use a bypass cell.
  • Check the cleaning stand for a tight seal before you use it for cleaning. The stand I received from DSP would leak no matter how much the cell was tightened. I found out the hard way when a bunch of pool acid leaked onto the deck and started eating away at the concrete.
DSP/Circupool were helpful and worked with me extensively in an attempt to figure out why the chlorine production was not anywhere near the rated output, but after a couple of months I ended up returning the entire unit, which DSP/Circupool graciously refunded.
What unit did you end up going with?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.