Replacing secondary pumps

Jackgt

Jul 6, 2019
Alpharetta, GA
I have two secondary pumps, one for the waterfalls and one for the spa booster jets, that have failed (they were old). They are 1.5 HP Pentair 340039 models, and they are about $600 each from INYO. Any reason to do anything different? Are there better or less expensive options? I'm comfortable connecting the electricals and I have a plumber who can handle the (somewhat convoluted) plumbing.

Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP Single Speed Pump Full Rate EC-348190 - INYOPools.com

Thanks!

Are you sure you need the whole pump and not just the electric motor part? I had my spa booster pump fail last year and just replaced the motor. Inyo can suggest the right motor and seal kit. Then you won't need to worry about the plumbing part.

It’s a good question, but they are pretty old and I figured I’d replace the whole thing. Also, the capacitor exploded on one of them and broke the plumbing when it did, so there’s no getting around some plumbing work.

Lets assume I’m ok with replacing them completely: are there any other simple pumps I should be looking at?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.