Bronze Supporter
Jul 30, 2022
Pensacola, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Woke up this morning to find my pool had leaked overnight about a half foot. After looking all around, I found the leak coming out from my backwash drain at the road. I have the Hayward Multiport Valve SP0714G11M. The handle is loose. It's really difficult to turn. After skimming parts online, it seems if I'm going to replace the spider gasket, o-rings, spring, etc. I might should just replace the whole unit. My problem is that I'm not finding the same model number. Any idea how I can figure out a comparable replacement? Gotta get it fixed asap. Definitely don't want to leave that pump idle this time of year in Florida.

Got the new MPV. Lubed up the spider gasket and o-ring and installed it. But it is still leaking out of the backwash when in filter mode. As I installed the new unit, it went on perfectly. I turned on the pump. It spit out some air bubbles on the deep end of the pool but eventually primed. I turned it to backwash and the handle tension was instantly gone. It backwashed fine. I turned it over to rinse and that worked fine. Back to filter and it's working fine, but still leaking. I then turned everything back off and removed the MPV. As soon as I pulled it up, the spring created tension on the handle again. I noticed that the handle has proper tension as I pushed the MPV down until I got down to about 1/4" left. When I push the valve further down, the handle loses the tension. Could whatever be causing this also be causing the leak out of the backwash? So frustrating for a brand new assembly to do this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.