Replacement Pool Light Housing-Screw in bulb type

May 16, 2017
DFW, TX
Last edited:
I'm not sure on your DIY skills but you might want to consult a pro. Anew light is not a huge deal but a while new housing kind of is. A new light housing would need to be purchased, then you would have to pull a wire thru the conduit in your niche back to the switch box. You could use fish tape or more easily just use the old cord to pull and hope there isn't too many bends. There is risk of electric shock if EVERY source of power isn't locked out as well.

Cool. Check out INYOPools. They are really helpful. You can browse their site or maybe even call them to let them know what light you are replacing so they can help you find something that will fit in your niche. I am in the process of changing my standard bulb to an LED one as well... not fancy with the remote tho lol. I am waiting for warmer weather. I have the standard Pentair Amerilte.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.