kingfish1982

May 7, 2020
Wadsworth ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an above ground pool installed last year vinyl liner. Skimmer [hayward wm] is leaking and faceplate has small crack. I ordered replacement, will I ruin my liner if I remove the old Skimmer to replace wth new skimmer?

Reactions: charliej
You will need to drop the water level below the skimmer. I would recommend patching over the current screw holes just to make sure they are covered in case it doesn't line back up correctly. I think if you work on a cool or cloudy day the liner won't stretch as much while you are working. Use a butterfly gasket to catch all the edges of the liner under the skimmer. I'll ask an expert to give her opinion.
@Casey

Reactions: Casey
I am having the same problem. Pool installed last year and I accidentally left a valve closed which caused a lot of ice build up in skimmer. My faceplate cracked in 3 places. I bought a new one and a gasket.

My plan is like @zea3 recommends. I am going to drop water level below skimmer. Remove screws and replace. My liner is unibead so it should stay put once faceplate is removed. I think you would be fine with any liner.

My pool wall bent a little too from the weight so I'm not 100% this will work... i may need to just deal with it.

I am having the same problem. Pool installed last year and I accidentally left a valve closed which caused a lot of ice build up in skimmer. My faceplate cracked in 3 places. I bought a new one and a gasket.

My plan is like @zea3 recommends. I am going to drop water level below skimmer. Remove screws and replace. My liner is unibead so it should stay put once faceplate is removed. I think you would be fine with any liner.

My pool wall bent a little too from the weight so I'm not 100% this will work... i may need to just deal with it.
Let me know how is goes. I'm going to flex seal mine as it's only a few drops an hr. Maybe if yours goes well I will try mine.

Let me know how is goes. I'm going to flex seal mine as it's only a few drops an hr. Maybe if yours goes well I will try mine.
Will do - I used flex seal too and I still have a steady stream - I am worried it is coming from a crease in the pool wall below the skimmer. I may try to hit it with a hammer to see if the crease comes out but not sure until I get in there and look at it closely. I have way more than a few drops an hour. More like a steady drop/stream going down pool wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.