Replacement cell for Jandy Aquapure 1400

Good Day , just purchased the Australian cell from Salt pools. Does anyone have full install info? Since the 3 prongs on top are gone i assume we just connect direct as shown in a prior post and I guess my existing flow sensor would connect to the bottom on the Australian new one? thanks

I just installed my "off brand" replacement cell tonight. I order it on May 31. It didn't actually ship until June 14, and it arrived today. Six days isn't too bad for shipping to Canada. I did have to pay an additional C$60 in Customs and Customs handling charges to DHL. There was no instruction manual with my cell. It also wasn't clear if the cell and water flow was supposed to go in a particular direction.

I installed it and plugged it in. It wasn't obvious what lead goes on which spot as the colours of the wires are different. My old Jandy cell had red and blue leads. The new cell has a brown wire and a second wire with a blue wire and a yellow/green wire crimped into one connector. I assumed that the brown was positive and the blue/green-yellow was the negative. This salt cell does not have a three lead connector like the old Jandy cell - the cables are permanently connected to the cell. That may be a good thing as I have had corrosion on the pins of this connector in the past and I once had one connector fall off due to corrosion. But it looks like this corrosion may happen inside the cell given the picture shown just above. One minor annoyance - the sensor port on the bottom doesn't have a slot that holds the sensor in a specific spot the way that the Jandy cell does. So when you tighten up the connector the sensor tries to turn.

Initially no lights came on the control unit. After about five minutes it beeped and I got service code 172 and 180. I power cycled the unit and when it came back on the regular lights came on and it seems to be working now without any service code errors. After it was running for a few hours I tested my FC and it was up a bit from where it was prior to installing this unit.

Does anyone know if I connected the power correctly? Does it matter if it is reversed? Or would this just cause the regular flow and reversing flow to be reversed?

Does it matter what direction the flow is in for the cell? I have mine oriented so that the flow goes from the end with the bottom sensor port to the other end where the cable connects.

My cell is not completely full of water - the top inch or so does not have water? Is this a problem? Does this mean that I don't have enough back-pressure? If this is a problem how to I fix this?

Mine has been working fine. When it is set to 20% and the pool running 24h per day I have FC of 4-5 with CYA of about 60. But I have only had it for one month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Only the cell. The sensor is one of the newer 2 pole replacements that has the program box on the cord. I believe Jandy updated the replacement a number of years ago, from the unreliable 3 pole ones. I replaced it a few years ago, and you have to program the little box in the cord to program A or B depending on your version of the controller. Pretty easy. It has been completely reliable.

No, all I did was replace the cell for the $299 and it seems to be working like a champ.
Could you tell me how well your cell has performed over time? I would like to use the Compupool cell replacement for my Jandy plc1400.
Thanks,
David - Dallas

No. Just 5 months. I don’t remove it for the winter. But I do bring the generation down to zero when the temperature is low enough. And with the rain the salt level goes down I the winter.
Thanks, that's about the same number of months as my system runs here in Toronto, but my pool is covered from early October to early May.

Just opened for the season here in NJ and my 1400 is throwing 120/121 codes. I installed this one new in 2017, so I guess the cell is probably failing. I tried an acid bath but there was almost no bubbling so I guess scaling is not the problem (nor should it be since this system has polarity reversal for descaling anyway).

Thinking about trying one of these off-brand devices since the 1400 kit is $1,000 new now (!!).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.