Replace or repair steps

adl6009

Mar 19, 2015
Long Island, NY
I posted this about 5 years ago-- "There are a couple of spots that have a black discoloration, they are raised bumps that are not easily pushed down. These are fiberglass steps that are about 20 years old. The spots look terrible with the black discoloration that streaks away."
I didn't do anything then but I am getting ready to replace the liner and figure nows the time to decide what to do. Other than the stated defects the steps are in good shape. Do I need a whole new step, do the have a bath fitter type option, or can I have a fiberglass guy come in and repair the steps?
steps 3
steps 2
steps 1

Last edited:
I can only see step 3 photo but they are fiberglass and a fiberglass gelcoat can be repaired... You can repair them or have a mobile boat repair company come and do the repair...

Here are a couple videos, 1 from a company and the other a pro who has been doing glass for a long time :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.