Repair/replace sand filter

pushin glass

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
East Central MS
I have an old Triton TR100 sand filter that has a broken plug that leaks water and sand. I have looked for a new plug cap but have not been able to identify one that seems to work. I'm guessing they don't make them anymore. Suggestions?

Also, some dirt/sand keeps appearing in my pool and I'm suspicious that one of the laterals has broken. I can't be sure as my dog may be the source of the dirt/sand as there is still some dirt around the pool since our renovation that she walks and rolls in. If one of the laterals truly is broken, should I replace it or is it time to just buy a new sand filter? If so, should I just get another TR100?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg

If you take a stocking or skimmer sock and hold it over your pool return you might see if you are collecting any "sand" from the filter. If non found you can blame the dog :cat:

Call INYOPools.com and see if they sell a generic replacement plug. They're pretty good at the odd pool parts I hear.

Maddie :flower:

I have an old Triton TR100 sand filter that has a broken plug that leaks water and sand. I have looked for a new plug cap but have not been able to identify one that seems to work. I'm guessing they don't make them anymore. Suggestions?

Also, some dirt/sand keeps appearing in my pool and I'm suspicious that one of the laterals has broken. I can't be sure as my dog may be the source of the dirt/sand as there is still some dirt around the pool since our renovation that she walks and rolls in. If one of the laterals truly is broken, should I replace it or is it time to just buy a new sand filter? If so, should I just get another TR100?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 66148
View attachment 66149
View attachment 66150
If you buy a new one you'll have peace of mind, and looks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.