Repair plumbing leak underground? Tips, tricks, or magic!

Jun 7, 2017
Wellborn, FL
I need help. I have had my pool up and running now for about 6 weeks. In that time I have learned a lot about keeping the water balanced because I keep loosing water and have to keep adding salt,stablizer,acid,sequester,ext.

If my pump is running for 24hr I am loosing about an inch of water a day. I have it set for 6hr a day and am loosing 1/4". I know it's not the liner because I didn't loose any when The pump didn't run.. I know its not evaporation because I'm loosing too much chemical (salt/cya). So it has to be a leak. The question is where? Does it pay to hire a leak detection company? I'm pretty handy just dont really know where to start. I also keep getting air i. The system. At any given time i can bleed air from the filter and every once in a while you can see bubbles coming out of all the returns.

Start with your valves. Check the packing glands (under the handle on ball valves), grease ports and where the handle attaches to three way valves.

Then check the above ground joints. Look for evidence of weeping. Or on the suction side spray with soapy water and watch for bubble movement around the joint.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.