Repair my Polaris 360 or buy a robot?

dallasaggie

Jan 29, 2019
Dallas, TX
Hey everyone-
My Polaris 360 doesn't seem to be working great - it does get a lot of leaves (I typically empty the bag twice a week) but there is a good amount of fine dust/dirt at the bottom and of course it doesn't clean the walls. The plaster is pitting pretty bad and there is some residual algae on the stairs, so its not the prettiest. Trying to clean things up before the summer.

Based on what I've read in the forums, a robot might be the solution to a cleaner looking pool and potentially a lower electric bill. On my local craigslist I see the following options:
Polaris 8050 robot - $699
Hayward Tigershark QC with caddy - $599

Other option is to maybe replace the line or otherwise troubleshoot my Polaris and just get used to brushing more often.

What would you guys do if this was your pool? Thanks!

I just bought a Dolphin S300 from Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa in CO. Best price, no tax, and free shipping. I have a Polaris that was still working, but have wanted a robot for a long time.

My first impression is that the robot picks up fine dirt and debris that I didn't know was there with the Polaris. Also climbs walls and scrubs the waterline, so hopefully I'll have to brush the walls less often.

Only a week in --- but so far I'm really impressed.

Oh -- and Gig'em!

Cody '95

Reactions: dallasaggie
I have had a Dolphin Oasis Z5 for 2 years now, and it has been fantastic. Many years ago I had a plumbed in suction cleaner, and I'll tell you there is no comparison. I think the model I picked is a little overkill for my 14K gallon pool, and it is heavy (this model has two motors, so it turns on a dime) and I would go to a lighter simpler model next time around. But the principle of these things are beyond approach. They don't do stairs (none do I believe) and sometimes might miss a spot, but in the scheme of things, the cat's meow. Keep in mind that Dolphin units are branded under many many names, so don't get hung up on model numbers/names.

Reactions: dallasaggie
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.