rocker93

Aug 15, 2019
Great Lakes
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have the white pool steps that attach to the deck as shown here. We haven't been that happy with them for a few reasons, one being that they leak sand, and another being that they're extremely cumbersome to get in and out of the pool each season (we have hard freezes and don't leave the steps in). I've read on TFP that many people skip the sand and find other ways to weight down the steps. Has anyone tried emptying the sand back out of the steps after they've already been filled? How did you do it?

Yikes, I don't have a perfect answer on this one. Did you figure it out yet? I couldn't open the hyperlink from my computer, but is there any access on the stairs to push air into them with a compressor? I was thinking that might help get the stairs to float a bit? Maybe some fellow stair users will reply.

hmmm, can you use a hose and spray the sand out? You might be able to get most of it out...

I have actual weights on mine but most use sand filled bottles :)

Just thought I'd update this, over the weekend we finally got around to turning the thing upside down over a tarp. Still mostly wet sand in there, so it was only somewhat productive. It's now sitting in the sun with the handles off so it will dry out. Every time I walk by it I hear loose sand shifting so hopefully by this weekend we'll be able to pour out most of the remaining sand and rig up a weight system. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.