Removing horizontal poles from INTEX pools

Adrishap

Sep 4, 2020
Rhode island
I need help. Can’t remove horizontal poles. They are really stuck. Moisture I think is the issue and how they get so stuck. Thinking of putting it away with poles in for the winter. Any ideas how to get them out or if I can just keep in and fold up and put somewhere mice free?

Information::: This pool is the Prism model. The blue model I never had issues. I also had to have help with legs. It was near impossible to push that Leg button in. Had to use a strong tool to push it in. It took 3 hours to set up this one . Selling this pool, 12x30 and going to buy the Blue one next year. It takes me 25 minutes to set up snd take down Blue one!
thanks

Welcome to TFP :)

I just leave mine up, been up for 5 years now with no issues... The most problems and holes come from taking them down, storing them and then putting them up the next year...

With that said I do not think there will be any issue with the legs staying in other than being heavy.. :)

Reactions: kimkats
Welcome to TFP :)

I just leave mine up, been up for 5 years now with no issues... The most problems and holes come from taking them down, storing them and then putting them up the next year...

With that said I do not think there will be any issue with the legs staying in other than being heavy.. :)
What are your winter temps like? My Intex owners manual says you must drain, disassemble and properly store the pool when the temperature drops below 41 degrees to prevent ice damage to the pool and related components. Ice damage can result in sudden liner failure or pool collapse.

What are your winter temps like? My Intex owners manual says you must drain, disassemble and properly store the pool when the temperature drops below 41 degrees to prevent ice damage to the pool and related components. Ice damage can result in sudden liner failure or pool collapse.
it been down to -20 here and had 5 inches of ice in it. no issues at all but that is my pool and I never even looked at the owners manual... the decision is yours :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.