Removing fitting from Multi-Port Valve. Been there 20+years. Thoughts?

Jul 25, 2010
Folks, the pic isn't that great but I'm shortly going to embark on replacing all the piping from the pump to the Multi-Port. Any thoughts, tips on removing that threaded coupling? Hopefully they didn't cement in place otherwise I'm well sunk.
I'm assuming there is no way to get the 90 elbow just to the right of the valve pulled apart? That is cemented so I'm not seeing an easy way of doing anything except trying to remove (unscrew) that multi port union. I was going to start wrapping the fitting in WD40 soaked rag for a few weeks.
Thanks

Piping.jpg

OK, I hadn't thought of cutting at the 90. That may be a possibility, I'll keep in mind if it looks like that threaded piece is seized. I'm hoping that once I unscrew the pump facia then I'll have enough leverage in the piping to gently unscrew that multiport fitting. I'd like to get it all out in one piece so I can measure and compare to the replacement piping.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.