Remove pool rope anchors

Adam33

May 19, 2017
Ontario
The two safety rope anchors have both corroded from the salt pool and have become loose. We would like these removed.

We have a concrete deck with pavers on top so we can remove the pavers if we need to break the concrete.

These anchors are the type that are drilled through the metal sidewalls of the inground pool during pool construction. These anchors are just below the water line.

Does anyone one have experience removing these?

This is sounds like a huge job of:
- lowering water level
- removing pavers
- breaking concrete
- unscrewing the anchor
- replacing the hole left in the metal sidewall with "something" (no clue what - any ideas?)
- patching the liner over the hole left by the removed anchors
- new concrete on deck
- replace pavers.

Does anyone have any experience with something with less effort? I've never attempted any pool repair like this so would have no idea how long this would take and how difficult it would be.

In hindsight, I wish I never had these anchors installed in the first place.

Thank you.

Adam

IMG_0006.jpg

I'd probably try and see if they unscrew (righty tighty, lefty loosey) by hooking a long screwdriver through the remains. If they unscrew, I'd probably replace them with stainless screws until the next liner replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.