Remote control chlorination

LS1M

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, TX
"My" pool in my sig isn't actually at my house. It's at my mother-in-laws. We've got it at her house because her husband can't walk and this is the only way she can swim. I'm using the BBB method and I'm doing my third SLAM since we installed it a couple of months ago. My MIL doesn't/can't check the pool daily, and I've got to come up with another option because I'm getting tired of going over there twice a day.

Was thinking about getting a Stenner on a timer to feed bleach, and maybe I can check the pool chemistry once or twice a week? It's expensive, but maybe worth my sanity. So, is this the right one to get?

Looks like it comes with almost everything I need. To plumb it up, do I put a hose barb in PVC in the return line, or how is that usually done?

Any advice is welcome. I used to have my own pool with a SWG, but the poles all rusted out. Really would like to avoid that this time.

Thanks!
-Mark

Reactions: Mdragger88
Even w/ a stenner you will still be lugging/storing bleach + the expense.
The 15k gal rated intex swg’s have dropped in price to about $350 now. If the poles on the pool aren’t coated well or have nicks they will rust whether u have salt or not.
They are designed to be temporary pools although many last for years. The automatic daily dosing a swg provides is priceless in my opinion.
Many people here are also happy w/ their stenner setups but I haven’t seen this particular model mentioned. Hopefully someone will chime in on their experience with it soon.

Even w/ a stenner you will still be lugging/storing bleach + the expense.
The 15k gal rated intex swg’s have dropped in price to about $350 now. If the poles on the pool aren’t coated well or have nicks they will rust whether u have salt or not.
They are designed to be temporary pools although many last for years. The automatic daily dosing a swg provides is priceless in my opinion.
Many people here are also happy w/ their stenner setups but I haven’t seen this particular model mentioned. Hopefully someone will chime in on their experience with it soon.
You know, you're probably right. I hate anything Intex, though. I fought that SWG almost daily with my old pool. But, it's half the price of any other ones. I'm also worried about the bleach going bad in the Texas heat. It's like everything else, I suppose: no one perfect, inexpensive solution.

Thanks for the advice. Now if I can just figure out how to get those weird Intex hoses on my industry-standard equipment...

You know, you're probably right. I hate anything Intex, though. I fought that SWG almost daily with my old pool. But, it's half the price of any other ones. I'm also worried about the bleach going bad in the Texas heat. It's like everything else, I suppose: no one perfect, inexpensive solution.

Thanks for the advice. Now if I can just figure out how to get those weird Intex hoses on my industry-standard equipment...
I used these - easy peazy.
607865AD-856B-4509-B7A0-C9D8B05CD2E3.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.