Remodeling pool

Jun 1, 2018
long beach, ca
Hello TFP community. Just signed up for the site. Been reading around and gaining lots of good info.

Remodeling old pool starting next week, hopefully. Thinking about switching to salt water as well.

Remodel consists of:

Chip out and new pebble with tile.
Installing a baja step.
New skimmer and new drains in deep end (deep drain has never worked and were bypassed very crudely).
New plumbing (new dedicated vacuum line and ONLY one return line).
New deco seal.

Will be replacing single speed Pentair pump with a variable speed pump (any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated).
Will be reusing Hayward DE2420L filter (unless suggested otherwise).
Was looking into the Pentair IC40 SWG for the salt water switch.

Pool is about 23,000 gallons from what I've calculated. No spa and I'm removing the old heater.
And I'm planning to maintain it once the pool contractors are finished with the "start up" procedures.

Any comments/suggestions/recommendations are welcome. Happy Friday!

If it's an old pool and you have existing 1.5 PVC lines, you should consider upgrading to 2" lines for better flow. I don't have a variable speed pump, but will probably get one when my pump dies. I have the pebble fina bella blue finish and would go with a lighter shade if I were to do it all again...the mottling is noticeable on cloudy days.

If it's an old pool and you have existing 1.5 PVC lines, you should consider upgrading to 2" lines for better flow. I don't have a variable speed pump, but will probably get one when my pump dies. I have the pebble fina bella blue finish and would go with a lighter shade if I were to do it all again...the mottling is noticeable on cloudy days.

I have copper piping so it will be replaced with 2" pvc lines.

Thanks for the advice on going with lighter pebble finish.