Sep 12, 2017
Bristol, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Greetings all,

I wanted to drop back in and give an update from my introduction thread last year. Which can be found here: https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/151493-Greetings-from-SW-VA

We are still making progress, but it has been slow. We spent a lot of the winter doing interior demo work, and then we've had a few family related health issues.

The rain in our area has been intense since February, and I've never seen it like this before in our area. So, as the saying goes, we have to make hay while the sun is shining (and sometimes when it's not!). Ha!

We've been making some progress on the exterior of the home and the pool. We got some limewash finished up, custom window boxes/planters, and a new liner for the pool!

This is during the limewash process...

eFipl2zm.jpg

You'll notice that as the limewash cures it tends to get less transparent. We're exciting to see how it ages, but the process has been fun and limewash is super cheap!

OeyfoTYm.jpg

5LanMTom.jpg

1kkVWAFl.jpg

We still need to finish the limewash on the rest of the house and do the cedar shake on the dormers and get some landscaping in the ground, but I did find a deal on some tile for the front and side entrances. Please disregard the "imperfections" those tiles will ultimately be culled and/or cut and used for the border.

TxI85B1m.jpg

And....most importantly, we got the liner in!

Starting to pull vacuum...

d6ytDdtl.jpg

Slowly but surely...

W8r9j1Al.jpg

Always watching and observing.

C0XKPNZl.jpg

Looking good.

gtJvkUwl.jpg

Pictures just don't do it justice.

8JzlJqGh.jpg

I'll add better one's once we get a break in the weather.

jcqeV0ih.jpg

DQS67gah.jpg

For those interested, that liner is from Latham and it is called Grey Mosaic (without the border!). I love it.

I'll check back as we go and keep adding. Hope you all enjoy.

-Chase

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.