Reyco

Jul 6, 2020
Tucson, az
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I'm in the process of choosing a finish and believe it has come down to Mini Pebble and a Micro Pebble finish like Microfusion. Problem is I had 2 PB contradict themselves with Micro Pebble. One saying its to new and they don't trust it because it has more exposed plaster than Mini Pebble. They both agree Mini Pebble is the better product but we're concerned over the rougher texture I keep hearing about.

Does anyone have longer term experience with Micro Fusion by Finest Finishes or a similar product by NPT. Are you happy with the overall performance, color consistency, smoother texture, maintenance, etc. Any unusual deterioration of the surface due to plaster exposure??? Any input would be appreciated. Also, since I'm in Tucson, any feedback reg. Pima Pool and Plastering and Meadows Plastering. Both seem very good , experienced and priced reasonable. Thank you in advance! JJR

I don’t yet have long term experience with microfusion, but had it installed in August and it is beautiful. It has abalone shells in it that gives it a glow. Several of the pool builder guys who stopped by for other tasks remarked how great it looked. It was the first pool they used it on and really liked it as do we. We were going with peeblesheen, but supply delays meant we changed to microfusion. Feels very nice on feet..smooth but not slippery. Had the basic pebbletech on a previous pool which was a little rough on feet.

Reactions: Newdude
I don’t yet have long term experience with microfusion, but had it installed in August and it is beautiful. It has abalone shells in it that gives it a glow. Several of the pool builder guys who stopped by for other tasks remarked how great it looked. It was the first pool they used it on and really liked it as do we. We were going with peeblesheen, but supply delays meant we changed to microfusion. Feels very nice on feet..smooth but not slippery. Had the basic pebbletech on a previous pool which was a little rough on feet.
Thank you for the feedback!

Same for me. In my opinion my installers over did the acid wash so it is more rough than we expected, especially in the hot tub seating area where you are sitting on it. I think this is an installation issue though and think it is fine otherwise. We were going with NPT Stonescapes Mini-pebble but supply delays in July 2021 had us switch.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm probably going with Mini Pebble from NPT. The local company has a lot of experience with it and I'm going to ask theywSmooth it as much as they can. The Sales guy said he has had no complaints and they been doing it for over 15 years or so...

I was just wondering if you are still happy with your microfusion finish and what color you chose? Thank you!

I was just wondering if you are still happy with your microfusion finish and what color you chose? Thank you!
Yes, we really like it. Smooth on feet but not slippery. The color we selected was Tahoe. The abalone shells that are part of the pebbles have a very nice look..they pick up the light, either from sun or nite lights in the pool and shimmer.

Yes, we really like it. Smooth on feet but not slippery. The color we selected was Tahoe. The abalone shells that are part of the pebbles have a very nice look..they pick up the light, either from sun or nite lights in the pool and shimmer.
Tahoe mini pebbles with blue glass beads here, but I agree with your observation on the shells. Of all the additions of "shiny" things in our mix, the abalone gives off the most sparkle!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.