Reel for a Solar Cover and Tarp Cover

Mar 29, 2013
I have a fenced 24'' above the ground pool. Please see the pictures below. I consider getting a solar cover this year and I wonder if it is possible to get a reel for it in my case. Will it save time? Do you have any suggestions on what solar coverers should I use?

IMG_5480 (1).jpg

I just responded to your other thread, but forgot to mention what a beautiful pool and yard you have. My entire neighborhood would probably fit on your lawn.

Having a cover is definitely worth it. Mine probably does more to keep my pool warm than my expensive solar array. Based on my brief experience and some reading on here, I don't think expensive thick covers are worth the money. If I were you I'd consider this one:

I personally think a pool reel might be handy, but I would try the cover without one first. You might find that it's easy enough to just pull the cover over the fence and then fold it and roll it up. With a reel you could wheel the cover out of sight or into the shade to protect it, but you'd have to detach and re-attach the straps every time. It wouldn't take long, but dragging or carrying the cover might be easy enough as it is.

If you do eventually decide to get a reel, I've been very happy with the Vingli I got from Amazon:

Reactions: jacktree
I just responded to your other thread, but forgot to mention what a beautiful pool and yard you have. My entire neighborhood would probably fit on your lawn.

Having a cover is definitely worth it. Mine probably does more to keep my pool warm than my expensive solar array. Based on my brief experience and some reading on here, I don't think expensive thick covers are worth the money. If I were you I'd consider this one:

I personally think a pool reel might be handy, but I would try the cover without one first. You might find that it's easy enough to just pull the cover over the fence and then fold it and roll it up. With a reel you could wheel the cover out of sight or into the shade to protect it, but you'd have to detach and re-attach the straps every time. It wouldn't take long, but dragging or carrying the cover might be easy enough as it is.

If you do eventually decide to get a reel, I've been very happy with the Vingli I got from Amazon:
Thank you! Great suggestions and I appreciate links to the product pages.

I will definitely try a solar cover first and see how it goes. It should float and make the whole process easier than removing a winter tarp cover that I need to buy again. Lol, there is a reason why it states in the instructions not to blow your pillow to 100%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.