Recommendations on re-plaster in Virginia

Apr 24, 2018
King George, Va
Title says it all..

We're located in the Virginia's Northern Neck, and our 18 year old pool is going to need re-plastering for the next swim season. I'm hoping someone on this site is happy with with work that was performed for them, and will pass on a recommendations on a company or contractor to do the work. I'm not sure what etiquette is regarding recommendations but please contact me privately if you have someone to suggest. Thanks.

Here are 2 websites I have used to consider different types of plaster. They provide an overview of the various types of finishes regardless of the numerous trade names. Once you decide if you want plain plaster, a pebble or quartz and a rough or smooth finish then you can narrow your search to specific dealers in your area.
I have Wet Edge Technology Primera Stone which is a pebble finish but it is smooth (they used hydrosanders on the second day to polish the aggregate). We are very pleased with it and have just completed our 3rd swim season with no issues.

Wet Edge Technologies – various types of plaster – overview of all products

Pebble Tec Finishes

Pool Finishes - Pebble Tec

Here are 2 websites I have used to consider different types of plaster. They provide an overview of the various types of finishes regardless of the numerous trade names. Once you decide if you want plain plaster, a pebble or quartz and a rough or smooth finish then you can narrow your search to specific dealers in your area.

This is really helpful. Thanks. Using the plaster material sites as a reference to locate pool renovators in my area revealed a number of companies I hadn't found in other searches I had made. It's something I wouldn't have thought of by myself. There's some common companies that sell both sets of products, and some that are unique to each surface type vendor.

I've been looking the companies up in terms of customer reviews and BBB references, and it's amazing how poor the reviews are in general. Many of the companies also do pool service so it's important to look at what the complaints are about, but despite having good reviews, almost every company seems to have upset customers, and that makes choosing which ones to get estimates from difficult.

Using the plaster material sites as a reference to locate pool renovators in my area revealed a number of companies I hadn't found in other searches I had made. It's something I wouldn't have thought of by myself. There's some common companies that sell both sets of products, and some that are unique to each surface type vendor.
One other point. Most plaster companies are subcontractors to pool builders however they can accept jobs on their own for replaster work (at least that is what I was told by the company that did mine 3 years ago). Also, whichever plaster finish you decide on, it is good to verify that they are a "authorized installer" of that finish so you can obtain the full warranty. They are listed on the website as you noted or you can call the company (such as Pebbletex or Wet Edge) and verify that they are still authorized (sometimes websites do not get updated) and also ask if there are any major complaints against the plaster company you are considering. Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.