Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I wash my limestone/travertine deck with 0.8 gal water + 0.2 gal 10% chlorine + 2oz dish washing liquid as the surfactant.

Is there a better wash that will also get out the black algae in the crevices?

I would recommend hiring a pro with a hot water pressure surface cleaner. The soft wash with bleach might not be enough to break into the black algae. Steps below:
  1. Pre treat with SH and surfactant
  2. Pressure clean with high PSI and hot water
  3. Post clean soak with SH again without surfactant
  4. Seal with a good water based paver sealer like this Ure-Seal H₂O - Clear Urethane Sealer and add anti-slip beads if needed (Do not seal with solvent based in Florida)
Depending on where you live in FL these guys might be able to help Paver Sealing experts. #1 rated company

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
I would recommend hiring a pro with a hot water pressure surface cleaner. The soft wash with bleach might not be enough to break into the black algae. Steps below:
  1. Pre treat with SH and surfactant
  2. Pressure clean with high PSI and hot water
  3. Post clean soak with SH again without surfactant
  4. Seal with a good water based paver sealer like this Ure-Seal H₂O - Clear Urethane Sealer and add anti-slip beads if needed (Do not seal with solvent based in Florida)
Depending on where you live in FL these guys might be able to help Paver Sealing experts. #1 rated company
Thanks, unfortunately they do not service in my county/area.

Is this a good choice: