Recommend an AGP winter cover?

critter783

Silver Supporter
Jul 26, 2017
Melbourne, KY
Can anyone recommend a good winter cover? I have a 24' round above-ground pool. I bought a new one last year from Amazon that turned out to be a waste of money - it was basically a tarp with a cable and winch. It barely survived the winter. I'd like to get a high-quality one that will last for years.

A related question: how long do covers typically last? Is this something I'll have to re-purchase every 5 years or will a good one last forever? Thanks!

I think that there are high quality above ground covers, but if i remember correct they need some very special mounting and it was just not worth it for me.
I am able to get about 3 years max out of mine. Just buy the cheapest you can find and expect to replace it.

As Snoop said, buy the cheapest cover you can find and expect it to last a year or two and replace it.

One thing that I do, is to save a dozen or so bleach jugs during the year and bungee those to the cover instead of using the cable & winch and it keeps the cover tight and isn't nearly as much a pain to install and remove as the cable and winch. I buy a bag of small cheap bungee cords to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.