Recirculate Setting

ebatexas

Nov 20, 2020
Keller, TX
Hello, I have a Pentair multi port valve and my understanding is that when it is in Recirculate that none of the water flows through the filter. I believe this setting is not working properly. Here why I believe that. Yesterday during normal running of my pump in Filter mode, my Pentair FNS Plus 60 lid cracked. New lid is ordered and I would like to run my pool to keep water circulating while waiting for new lid to arrive. So I put the valve in Recirculate, the pump ran and everything seemed fine. Expect after several minutes water started leaking out of the crack in the filter at a fairly high rate. I appreciate your help in troubleshooting this. Thank You, Eric

you can remove the top of the multiport valve and inspect that gasket by taking out the stainless steel screws on top. The spider gasket is rubber and sorta' looks like a wagon wheel (or spider).

It should be seated nicely and will not allow water into the filter if it is in place. Do you have on/off valves after the filter headed back to the pool?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sounds as though the spider gasket in the multiport valve may be going bad allowing water to pass. That, or perhaps there's a tension spring in there as well that could be worn (getting weak).
Thank you for the prompt reply. I will take a look at the spider gasket and spring this weekend. I have replaced those in the past so not a difficult repair. Glad to know that is how the recirculate should work. I have not used that setting before. Thanks again!

Reactions: Texas Splash
you can remove the top of the multiport valve and inspect that gasket by taking out the stainless steel screws on top. The spider gasket is rubber and sorta' looks like a wagon wheel (or spider).

It should be seated nicely and will not allow water into the filter if it is in place. Do you have on/off valves after the filter headed back to the pool?
Thank you for the prompt response. There are no on/off valves after the filter. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.