TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently rebuilt my Polaris 3900 pressure-side pool sweep using the $194 build kit. The results where underwhelming. I did not see any difference in performance with the new parts.

I was surprised that new rubber tires were not included in the rebuild kit. So I bought the set of 3 for $37. Now that made a difference! 3900 has obviously better traction, climbs walls better, and doesn't fall over and roll on its side like it used to.

Lesson learned: rubber wears out faster than metal and plastic. Who knew? (Oh, everyone knew?)

I think the lesson learned is never rebuild something only 5/6 of the way. That last bit was the difference. Good job.

Last edited:
In this case, I could have rebuilt the unit 1/6 of the way by cost and had the same result. If I had tried the tires first, I wouldn't have bothered to buy the rebuild kit. Still better than shelling out for a whole new unit.

Or maybe with the other new parts you needed the extra traction all of a sudden. Just trying to defend you a little. Take it please. Lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.