Realistic life of in-ground liner and possibility of using poolborders product to extend?

Jun 12, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Our pool has the original liner, built in 2008. Below the water line it seems great. At and above the water line, it is a little faded, a little stained, and I have a small tear above the water line where the liner has always been awkwardly stretched through an corner. I patched it with a clear patch last year, seems to be holding up.

I was looking at the adhesive strips of vinyl that can be added to 'refresh' a pool, ie:

Wondering if anyone else has used this product and what their thoughts are? In my head it seems to make sense that a thoroughly bonded vinyl strip that covers my entire problem area may extend the life of my pool liner for some time, but if I'm wrong I may be tossing $300 and hours of work down the drain.

Thanks for any advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.