Reading Taylor Chlorine pH test

Jun 12, 2018
Glens Falls NY
Now that I've taken the plunge and gone full TFP, I've acquired my first Taylor test kit. Went with the most basic (k-1004) since our pool is fully drained in fall and refilled in spring.

Any helpful hints on accurately reading the FC TC pH on the little test cube? I thought maybe putting something white behind it? I *think* my pH is on the higher side but I want to be sure I'm reading correctly before making an adjustment.

Thanks!

Some like a white card behind it, others it doesn't seem to matter. here's what you are looking for....

the colors going from low pH to high pH are

yellow 6.8 and lower
yellow orange 7.0
orange 7.2
orange red 7.4-7.5
red 7.6-7.8
red violet 8.0
violet 8.2 and higher

Reactions: Veggiepatch70
Thanks! I tried the white background and it was much easier to read ?

pH is definitely on the high side, matches the 8.2 box on the tester (I think it ticked up yesterday when I adjusted alkalinity with baking soda) but I have the stabilizer sock hanging now, so I'm hoping that it'll tick back down a touch once that is finished dissolving and circulates??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.