Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
Just venting, but Why do they have 9 inch exhaust ?
(I searched the forum's and found a thread on the same problem.)
I knew when buying it was 9 inch, but my brother is a HAVC contractor, and figured no problem, he can get me set up.
Wrong, 9 inch is pretty much obsolete, and if you find it, the cost ,lol.
Raypak says you can reduce to 8 inch, but that would leave me over 6 foot sticking out my roof, to keep within codes.
(My old heater had 8 inch but to bring it up to code the pipe is to short after the roof line.)
So we have to go to 10 inch after the stack, to keep with in codes, and to find the pipe.

If anyone is considering this heater for an indoor install, make sure you factor this in, as the exhaust piping alone is almost 1/4 - 1/3 of the cost of the heater, time you factor in B vent, draft hood, flashing, collar, rain cap, reducer, and that is material only not labor.

Rant over

Yes 9" is ridiculous I ran I to this last year with a commercial boiler. We upsized to 10" but was flat roof so not bad price wise but there is as you say alot of cost to finish up after you connect. Any if the 400k heaters have 8" minimum haven't seen one with less so you would be stuck with any of them. The raypak is a good unit I have one too I like everything about it mine is outside tho

I almost said screw it and just put it outside, lol.
Got most of the parts, rest will be here by the weekend, I have cooled off some.
My brother also said he would have went with the same unit, so all is good

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.