Raypak 156A heater problems

Rack55

Aug 14, 2018
Ottawa
I have a Raypak 156A heater for my above ground pool. 2 years old. Had a couple Hi Limit Switch Open issues last week, that cleared up. Then a Rollout Switch Open fault and it shut down.
I determined with my multimeter that the rollout switch had indeed blown, and a new one is on the way. In the meantime I have jumped the switch to help troubleshoot the cause. It would not fire up until I opened my bypass all the way to send all the water through the heater. That led me to believe there was inadequate flow.

Removed the heat exchanger which was starting to show corrosion and a bit of soot and cleaned it all up, and reinstalled. cleaned my cartridge filter. Reinstalled everything and I cannot get the pilot to spark now.

In the past when firing up the heater after the winter it has taken a loooooong time to get the pilot to spark. Sometimes flipping the power on and off for a couple days. However the fact that I had it running this morning (before heat exchanger cleaning) leads me to believe it isnt an air lock or something with the propane.

The only thing I can think that might be an issue now is that I put the heat exchanger back in wet, would this be a problem? Otherwise, any thoughts on what my issue could be, or any more troubleshooting you can recommend?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.