Raypack heater advice please.

hockeytommy84

Aug 4, 2019
Ontario Canada
Just picked up a used Raypack 266k btu digital. For a decent price. Or so I thought.

I was reassured by the seller that there was nothing wrong with the unit. I did my best inspection and against my gut feeling bought it.

I decided to flush the pipes with hose water and inspect the unit. It was all rusty water.

So obviously the heat exchanger is in rough shape. See picture.

Can this be cleaned and saved or will it forever be spewing rust into my pool.

The seller says I can bring it back for a refund. However he's 2 hours away.

Should.i try and get some.money back put a new heat exchanger in at a tune of 1100 cdn. On a 5 year old heater.

Or waste another day return the heater and put my money towards a new unit. Which are sold out everywhere.

I paid $900. $1100 heat exchanger. Also needs.a thermostat$$? unless it can be cleaned and a bypass kit $50

The same model new is $3k but on backorder.

I can get a milivolt model for 2400.

Attachments

• 20200809_221331.jpg
    20200809_221331.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 12
Tommy, so sorry no one has replied. But guessing by the look of that core, you already returned the heater? It sure looks bad to me. I hope you got everything resolved to your satisfaction. If you still have questions, please let us know. Thanks for using the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.