Rattle in Pentair heater????????

Aug 1, 2016
Montgomery tx
On my new pool I asked pool start up guy what the rattle is in the heater and he said it's a spring in the pop off valve. Does everyone else's Pentair 400k btu gas heater do this? It doesn't sound right, and he dismissed it as normal.

Is a problem, needs to be fixed.

Have you run the heater? My bet is a broken internal bypass. Then the barb on the plunger snaps it rattles around till it wallers out a spot big enough to allow it to escape. If you know how to service the thermal regulator it should be clear if the bypass is broken as the plunger will hang up the regulator spring and you'll not be able to pull out the regulator w/o extra effort.

Warranty people came out and and removed the spring with thermostat and replaced cap started pump and it stopped make my noise. Guy said that was normal he tighten the spring on the thermostat and then t made it vibrate a little less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.