Pflugerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
After being rescued from an aneurysm by the TFP data-driven testing epiphany, I'm now in a relatively good spot with my chemistry, but I'm looking to raise my CYA from 50 to 70 to boost the efficacy of my new SWCG. The generator I have is likely not sized right for my small 7k gallon pool (intex lists 7k as the max volume for this model, rookie mistake), so my thinking is that protecting my FC through the blazing Texas daylight might be a good move.

Now to the question: the PoolMath app only gives liquid/dry acid as options. I'm leaning towards liquid as it seems less likely that I'll overshoot with something already in solution - so is there a brand that these addition suggestions are modeled on? If so, I'd like to go with that.

Thanks in advance y'all.

Unless you're going to use a full gallon of liquid, dosing granular form via the sock method is your best alternative. Liquid has a tendency to separate in the container, which leads to inconsistent concentrations when added to the pool. A gallon of liquid stabilizer will increase CYA in your pool by over 50 ppm.

Granular is a much better value.

Reactions: UnnecAbrvtn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.