Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Still learning this pool life - we've had a crazy amount of rain over the past 2-3 weeks...like full on storms over 50% of the day. I recently installed a salt system and I've been dialing it in at the output needed. I noticed over the past few weeks I've had to significantly amp it up (like 75%) to keep it in the 5-7 range. Is that normal?

If you have a overflow pipe that prevents your pool from overflowing the coping, and you have an autofill system (or just significant rainfall) then you could have exchanged water which would lower your CYA, CH, Salt, etc. What are your test results of all tests
FC
CC
CH
TA
CYA
Salt
pH

I didn't do the full suite but measured FC at 9 on monday, rain storm yesterday, this AM was 5. I did also check my CYA and its low at 40 so that may actually be the problem.

Rain water will affect your pools chemistry. I had CYA reading of 40, my pool on Tuesday gained approx 1 1/2" in one day and my CYA yesterday measured 30.

Rain has some, but not much, effect on pool water chemistry.

In the example above, adding 1.5" of rain to a pool depth of 40" increases pool volume by only about 4%.

I would suggest that the 10 ppm drop in CYA is due to the vagaries of the CYA test..........generally about plus or minus 10 ppm.

Reactions: Saturn94 and koffey
Rain has some, but not much effect on pool water chemistry.

In the example above, adding 1.5" of rain to a pool depth of 40" increases pool volume by only about 4%.

I would suggest that the 10 ppm drop in CYA is due to the vagaries of the CYA test..........generally about plus or minus 10 ppm.
I was thinking that as well. Due to round up, perhaps my CYA was actually in the mids and the rainfall took away that round up. Although, there were 3 days of rain with the largest fall occurring Tuesday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.