Railing or no railing?

After 2 years of not having rails, my wife and I installed a pair ourselves. It was not difficult. Our pool was built with an auto-cover in 1988, and perhaps return-to-deck rails hadn't been invented yet. Obviously an auto-cover precludes the use of ladders and rails which have one end underwater.

My pool also has an autocover, so we put in a retractable ladder in the deep end. It flips up out of the way and down into the water on a hinge fitting. Just saying this so folks know that's an option out there....

Maddie :flower:

My pool also has an autocover, so we put in a retractable ladder in the deep end. It flips up out of the way and down into the water on a hinge fitting. Just saying this so folks know that's an option out there....
Yes, and the other ladder option that works with auto-covers is the split ladder.

Could this ladder be installed to an existing pool?
Yes, as far as I know, all the Saftron rails & ladders can be retrofitted. My wife and I easily added 2 rails, but did not add the underwater part of the split ladder, so I don’t know the difficulty level for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.