Question on cartridge filter size

Jul 31, 2009
So, we broke our old de filter and I want to switch to a cartridge one. Our pool is 18,000 g above ground. I’m getting confusing answers on what size filter to get. I’ve read get the biggest you can afford, but what would be a minimum?
Also the online pool stores I have been looking at divide the filters by above and inground. The larger ones seem to be listed as inground, not sure if that is compatible with the above ground setup.

To be honest de will provide clearer looking water but cartridge filters are very popular as most people live in areas where you can’t backwash to the stormdrains. The advise on larger is better is a good one. I bought jandys largest one cl480 iirc. It will easily go 2 years before cleaning the cartridges is needed. As to in or above ground, the circulation pump size and pipe diameter are needed to determine if a inground pool filter or large de filter would be a good choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.