Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
20220725_143105.jpg

20220725_142700.jpg
I have 3 Venturi skimmers, from ultra skim I believe. And my system uses a cartridge filter, a pentair system3 s8m600. Has one pump that's variable speed and there is a valve that changes from the main drain to "skimmer". When I change directions the flow of water to the skimmer increases through the Venturi port, but I don't know if there is a suction side. I took off one of the pvc pieces to reveal a hole on the bottom of the basket, but it has no suction. Is this because there's 3 and I would have to plug the other 2?

I'm essentially trying to figure out a way to hook up a manual vacuum so I can vacuum all the dirt that gets blown in my pool, without creating a cloud from trying to brush it all to the main drain.

Attachments

• 20220318_120944.jpg
    20220318_120944.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 11
Two thoughts I have, and I am no pro...
Could be that only one of the skimmers is suction side, since those skimmers can be plumbed with a return ONLY (and they would have a return going through the wall of the pool under them), or they could be plumbed suction only or suction and return (would also have a return through the wall of the pool). Have you checked all 3 skimmers? It could be that only one of them is plumbed suction side.

Can you point out where the mentioned valve is on the equipment pad pic? If I am guessing correctly, it only has two sources of course that really doesn't answer the question since they could all be tied into one suction line.

When you set it to skimmer, does one of the skimmers show a dramatic increase in suction? waterline dips more around the skimmer opening?

*added - this might be easier to see if you are running the pump at a higher speed (if VSP)

Two thoughts I have, and I am no pro...
Could be that only one of the skimmers is suction side, since those skimmers can be plumbed with a return ONLY (and they would have a return going through the wall of the pool under them), or they could be plumbed suction only or suction and return (would also have a return through the wall of the pool). Have you checked all 3 skimmers? It could be that only one of them is plumbed suction side.

Can you point out where the mentioned valve is on the equipment pad pic? If I am guessing correctly, it only has two sources of course that really doesn't answer the question since they could all be tied into one suction line.

When you set it to skimmer, does one of the skimmers show a dramatic increase in suction? waterline dips more around the skimmer opening?

*added - this might be easier to see if you are running the pump at a higher speed (if VSP)
Thanks for replying, Attaching a picture of my design. I think you may be right about only one having a return to pump. I will try to take a picture of my valve later when I can.

Attachments

• 20220726_164708~2.jpg
    20220726_164708~2.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 14
That design says it.

There is only 1 skimmer suctioning to pump. the one on the left side on the drawing.

Should be able to manual vacuum from that skimmer.

Reactions: JoeR0321
In your schematic, only the skimmer on the left has a suction line. That's the line right before the leafvac. The other line before the leafvac is the main drain. The main drain gathers floor debris from your IFCS.

To vacuum from the left skimmer, you would need to remove the venturi that sits above the suction port and then connect the vacuum hose directly to the suction port in the bottom of that skimmer.

Looks like you need to label all the valves so it's easier to know what they all do - both suction and return.

I believe your IFCS, Laef-vac and Quik-skim (skimmers) are all manufactured by A&A Manufacturing in Phoenix.

As an aside
  • Don't lose that drawing. It's the original A&A spec for your IFCS. If you have any issues with it properly cleaning, call A&A directly. They will help troubleshoot and have also been known to send out someone to help to better tweak the system.
  • Are you the original owner of the pool? If so, you have a lifetime warranty on any moving parts that are part of the IFCS. Pop-ups, water valve internals, etc.

As an aside
  • Don't lose that drawing. It's the original A&A spec for your IFCS. If you have any issues with it properly cleaning, call A&A directly. They will help troubleshoot and have also been known to send out someone to help to better tweak the system.
  • Are you the original owner of the pool? If so, you have a lifetime warranty on any moving parts that are part of the IFCS. Pop-ups, water valve internals, etc.
Thank you, and yes I'm the original owner of the pool. I've scanned the picture into my phone and am keeping all the hard copies of all the plans and manuals they gave me.

Have you interacted with them to get pop-ups or other items replaced under warranty yet?
It's pretty easy - and in the end, only costs the return shipping of the old parts.

They do an exchange on parts. You call and report a problem or broken part, they will initially charge for the parts and ship them to you. Upon receipt, you take the old parts out and ship them back to A&A. Once they receive them and verify they aren't working to spec or are broken, they refund your money. In the end, it only costs you the shipping charge to mail them back.

In almost 23 years with my pool, I've exchanged my pop-ups at least 4 times and the water valve gearset 3 times. Never an issue with replacements or returned parts.

You've got quite the big pool there. Pop-ups run $70-ish or more each. The warranty will save you $$$$.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They do an exchange on parts. You call and report a problem or broken part, they will initially charge for the parts and ship them to you. Upon receipt, you take the old parts out and ship them back to A&A. Once they receive them and verify they aren't working to spec or are broken, they refund your money. In the end, it only costs you the shipping charge to mail them back.

In almost 23 years with my pool, I've exchanged my pop-ups at least 4 times and the water valve gearset 3 times. Never an issue with replacements or returned parts.

You've got quite the big pool there. Pop-ups run $70-ish or more each. The warranty will save you $$$$.
Thanks for the info. I got a manual vacuum and hooked it up to the left port after filling the hose with water. Works great, just have to dump my cyclone a couple of times. So much better than trying to push all that down to the main drain and stirring up all the sediment in the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.