Question about FC level when SLAMing the pool

guns

Apr 30, 2017
CA Stockton
Hey quick question. So my pool is green and i am SLAMing it. After looking at the chart my FC level should be 24. MY question is why cant i go over 24 FC like double so i dont have to check it every hour to maintain 24 FC i know its going to need chlorine later and I am not looking to swim in it soon.

Because then you are at risk of causing damage to your pool or equipment. What we teach is a safe and effective way to clear up your pool. If you choose to go the nuclear option like many pool stores often suggest, that is on you ;)

Welcome to TFP!

There are quite a few reasons why we have settled on this process for killing algae over the years. Chlorine decays on a percentage basis, not a ppm basis. So, you don't lose x ppm per y time you lose x percent per y time. There is potential for bleaching pigments in plaster or vinyl, causing liner damage and problems with pool equipment. There are also potential problems that you could see by frequent early testing like antifreeze or ammonia in the water rapidly consuming FC. And there is years of evidence that these FC levels kill algae just fine in hundreds or thousands of pools every year in a reasonably short period of time if the process is followed diligently.

More, often isn't better. A sprinkle of salt on a steak is good but a pound of salt on a steak isn't better. :chef:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.