Question about adding a swg off my waterway Clearwater II AGP

Jun 5, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Looking to get into using a swg with the increase in price in bleach.

Right now after the filter on my waterway Clearwater II runs a short (5 inches) pvc to the garbage that is my pool store installed pool frog which has a short pvc cutoff after it that connects to hose going to my return.

I would like to cut off the pool frog that I haven't used since the first season and put the plate section of the swg there instead.

What kind of support do these usually need? The pool frog sits on a small black plastic stand that came with the whole deal. And past that there is no support for the cutoff and the hose drops a couple inches to the ground before going off to my pools return.

My concern is if I attach the SWG run and put the cutoff after it that the weight of the cutoff and hose would put too much strain on the swg plate module. What is the best way to support it so it isn't just hanging off the filter before the hose?

Anyone else using a swg with a hose run? Not quite interested in doing a complete PVC run to the pool.

Edit: added picture.

Attachments

• 20220528_103617.jpg
    20220528_103617.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You'll want some support, especially with the return hose attached to the SWG. PVC fittings/pipe are easy to work with and pretty versatile. You could build a pipe support using a PVC tee-fitting of the same size of your pipe. Cut off the top half to create a pipe cradle and attach it under the line before and after the SWG. Build a couple legs down to the ground from there with another tee-fitting, a couple elbows and some PVC pipe. Use the cheaper DWV fittings for the base.

EDIT: You might try one support after the SWG and test. Build a second if you think you need more support.

Just one of a thousand ideas. My apologies for the quality of the 3-minute sketch...

1653749912516.jpeg
1653750624203.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.