Quartz Plaster - brushing new pool

raym50

Sep 2, 2017
Brooklyn
First timer here. I will post separately an introduction but time is of the essence for this question.

I just had had a new pool built and plaster was completed on Friday. I finished filling it up with hose water today and I am starting up the pool tomorrow.

I understand that I will need to brush the pool twice a day for 2 weeks. Unfortunately I will not be around and able to do so - it is a summer home. Is there an automatic brush I can place and let it run on its own? What happens if i do not brush the plaster?

separately - the color I used is called cobalt blue from ci industries. Anyone know this color? I was told by pb it is the bluest option but so far it looks grey and not very blue. I am hoping it needs to cure more?

any help appreciated.

Thank you!

We had our plaster on Thursday and acid wash and fill on Friday. It is imperative that pool is brushed or you risk ruining your interior. I don’t know of a machine that will do the same job. Down the track you can use a robot but not initially. If you can’t be there can you organise for someone else to brush it? A neighbour or teenager looking to make some money. You would just have to be sure you trust them to be thorough. I’m about to go out and brush my pool for the third time today. If it’s not brushed you will certainly not see the true colour of the plaster and it will likely look very average to potentially terrible. Even those who follow the instructions to the t aren’t guaranteed a good result. It is really important to brush brush brush.

Brushing is imperative...you need to find someone local to do the work or risk an irreversible outcome. You also need to maintain the PH at a low level to encourage the plaster dust to leech out. During the curing process the pH will rise quickly, so buy lots of muriatic acid for the upcoming weeks and months. I'd try to get the pool company to do the startup at extra cost and if it doesn't come out as expected, at least it is on them to correct the issues.

I hired a pool service to do it. I was here part of the time so I know they did it; the other part of the time I had neighbors keep on the lookout for them. They showed as they were paid to. I also brushed while I was here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.