Quality Poles and Brushes that can purchased on Amazon?

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
Was hoping for some suggestions on a higher than average quality poles and brushes I can buy from Amazon. I've purchased the bargain poles from our independent pool supply and big box hardware stores, but the locking holes always seem to get elongated. Plus the twist lock sometimes get pretty hard to unlock. Also, the brushes seem to fall apart pretty fast.

So how should I spend my money? Side note, this isn't an unlimited budget kinda thing, since any money I spend on the pool takes away from the other 100 hobbies I currently have :)

I have a net made by PoolTuff products that I bought from Amazon. It was very highly rated and has a lifetime guarantee. I think when I registered it I am now on their mailing list and they are supposed to launch a kickstarter type thing for a pool pole with a same type of lifetime guarantee. I figure I will get one of those when they come out in about a month or so.

BTW. The pool net is holding up great. The last one I had shredded pretty quickly so I figure the lifetime guarantee should make it worth the price.

Reactions: Aleila
Reactions: Aleila

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks again for the tip on the Sweep Ease brush... that thing really sticks to the walls. I did have issues with my old cheapy pole collapsing in, because the tightening collar wasn't making the pole tight enough. I figure the JED pole I'll be getting the next day or so will alleviate that problem.

Reactions: justinc
I have just added the sweepease nylon to my shopping cart on amazon (supporting TFP of course!). I was debating getting the SS/Nylon one but one of the reviews said that it was shedding steel bristles on it's first use. I look after 3 pools and one of them is frequented with kids so I will stick with the nylon. I hope I never have to use the Algae-zilla!

I will get a Jed pole next. I think there are more expensive ones out there (the young lad from pool swimming tips has some reviews) but the Jed mentioned above seems to be the sweet spot for me. It will leave me more pennies in the jar for my Riptide :D

I am looking back at post #12. How to support TFP with my Amazon purchase. I don't think TFP qualifies as a charity. Anyone before I click buy.

Received new pole last night. A little heavier to handle, but the level of quality is so far above the one I was using. When extended as long as possible no bending. Looks like I should have bought this years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.