Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just finished the plumbing of my Bestway above ground pool, a project I've been wanting to do since I first got the pool. Many thanks to my DH Mike for doing the heavy lifting, and especially to the good folks on TFP who showed me it could be done and how to do it. I thought I'd pay it back by posting pics to show how I did it!

This is an overview of the whole thing. It looks like it's really close to the A/C unit, but it's not. The pad is a good 6 ft from the A/C.

pvc plumbing.jpg

Here we have a view of the pump. It's a 1 hp Blue Torrent, single speed. Got it just before the law changed, and avoided having to get a VS pump. Not that they're not good, but holy moley if they aren't expensive!! Now I have a pump basket and everything, like a real pool!!

pump.jpg

Here's the outlet. Next year I'll be putting in a second outlet, opposite this one, for more circulation.

outlet.jpg

Here are the inlet and the skimmer, connected by a tee fitting.

inlet and skimmer.jpg

And here's the multi port valve and the sand filter.

IMG_20220505_165335237_HDR.jpg

We used a total of 25 ft of flex pvc, 2 Hayward inlet/outlet fittings, 3 unions, a tee connector and a couple of elbow connectors. And one gate valve. Took about a week, taking our time. I imagine if we were 20 yrs younger, we could have done it in a day or two. The equipment is a 1 hp Blue Torrent single speed pump and a 19 inch Harris sand filter, complete with 175 lbs of pool sand. I got all the pvc stuff from Amazon, along with the fittings, the filter and pump came from Inyo Pools during a massive sale. Sand came from the pool store, Brown's Pools. I think all told I spent $250 to $300 on the project.

IT CAN BE DONE!!!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.