putting on safety cover becomes a heavy load

Apr 1, 2017
Brockton, MA
Hi all,
Thanks for the wonderful advice on this forum. I had a successful pool season in Massachusetts. It is now time to winterize the pool and cover it. I'n not at all worried about winterizing and blowing the lines. I did it last year it wasn't a problem.
My challenge is with the safety cover. I have a 16 by 32 rectangular pool with a solid cover that has two drain panels. I had a friend over last year. Even with his help, some of the cover got water on it and became very heavy and had to strain to pull it. Is there a more efficient method to put on the cover and avoid getting it under water. It really becomes a strain once the cover is caught in the water. Please advise. It you have some visual demonstrations that will really help. Please be very descriptive.
Thanks

I put my cover upside down along one long side of the the pool. I then attach the cover to one anchor at each end. Then I grab the next strap and pull it toward the anchor. The first two straps under tension help hold it out of the water. Once you get a few in place it gets easier.

Stretch a rope across the pool, both directions, maybe 4 ropes in total (2 across width & 2 across the length). Hopefully you have something to anchor them to,, that should make it easier to pull the cover across the pool.
The loop loc install instructions have you do this for the initial install, and I imagine it would make a one man job of winterizing in the future.

Stretch a rope across the pool, both directions, maybe 4 ropes in total (2 across width & 2 across the length). Hopefully you have something to anchor them to,, that should make it easier to pull the cover across the pool.
The loop loc install instructions have you do this for the initial install, and I imagine it would make a one man job of winterizing in the future.

This is how i put my cover on by myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.